September 10, 2012

Show & Tell Monday - Baby Talk


I'm linking up with Becky from From Mrs. to Mama for Show & Tell Monday.  Today's topic - Babies!

1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)
If you have kids, shouldn't their names be your favorite?  My kids are Kyla and Kase and I absolutely love them :)  Some others I've always liked Sophia, Olivia, Payton and Jordyn for girls and Carter, Parker, and Mason for boys. 

2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}
I've always wanted a grey nursery.  Either grey and pink or grey and turquoise.  Unfortunately, my husband hates grey and shot down any ideas with grey in them.  Here are a couple I love:

 
And here are my actual nurseries in my house...




3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
Well, the two I have now are 19 months apart.  If we have more, we will likely wait until Kase is about 2.  Tyler and I have always said we wanted 3 or 4 kids.  Now that we have a girl and a boy, we have talked about being done.  But I think we will have more.  Isn't it strange that I just had a baby two weeks ago and if you ask me today if I want more, I'd say absolutely?  But when they are a little older and independent, I may question if I want to start all over with another baby.  It seems backwards to me.  Like I should be tired from having a newborn and a toddler and say no way to another.  Hmm, anyway...we'll see what the future holds.  For now, we are a happy family of four!

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
To me, it's about raising my kids to be good, honest, selfless people.  To be there for them when they need me.  To show them unconditional love.  To teach them the importance of family.  The importance of discipline and hard work.  The importance of giving back.  To teach them right from wrong.  To teach them to live life with no regrets and to have fun.  When it's time for my kids to be out on their own, I want them to be prepared to have a great life.  And to never forget their parents :)

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}
I may be biased, but my baby boy's newborn pictures that I had done when he was six days old are the cutest damn things I've ever seen.  Sorry, I couldn't just pick one.




6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
I've never really promised anything because realistically, things change constantly.  I may have thought I wouldn't let Kyla watch TV, but Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has been a lifesaver many times, especially now when I need to tend to the baby and she is needing Mama.  Mickey is the next best thing.  I said I wouldn't give her juice until she was at least 2.  I haven't yet, but that's just because she does great with just milk and water.  I don't feel like she needs juice yet, but I'm not totally against it.  I am still learning every day about this whole parenting thing so I'm not making any promises.  You never know what tomorrow will bring and when you might need to change things up a bit.  Tyler and I are pretty easy going so we are learning as we go and taking it one day at a time.

7 comments:

  1. Loved your answers! I've been doing the link-up but skipped today since I don't have kids yet and have no CLUE how I'd answer a lot of these questions ;) I love gray nurseries, I know that much, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grey and aqua nursery is my favorite! Also loving the newborn pics of Kase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I have another baby, I'm going with grey. Tyler will have to learn to love it :)

      Delete
  3. Love the newborn pics---so cute!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading this, Amy! And your newborn pictures of Kase are SO adorable!

    It's so funny, because I think we are probably done having kiddos, but this is the first time after having a baby that if you asked me if I wanted another, I would say YES right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bri! I think it's so funny how having a newborn can make you want another one. The lack of sleep alone should make me satisfied with two, but nope :)

      Delete