August 3, 2012

These final weeks

HAPPY FRIDAY!

I'm going to apologize now.  I probably won't be blogging as much the next couple of weeks.  I will still be around, but most likely not every day.  I just wanted to warn you so if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, you don't just assume I had the baby.  Don't worry, I will post a quick announcement when that happens :)

But I just want to relax and enjoy these last couple of weeks.  And to be honest, I just don't have much to write about.  My creative juices are definitely not flowing.  And I don't want to blog about being gigantic and in pain every day.  Kyla and I are still doing lots of fun "school" stuff, but I have been so lazy about taking pictures.  If I do get around to taking some, I will definitely post them.  Her and I pretty much do the same thing every day, which isn't very exciting.  We play on the floor, read lots of books, color, play with playdoh, and just act silly.  I feel bad because I want to be able to take her outside to play and for walks, but I just can't right now.  So telling you about our days (which is why I started this blog in the first place) just isn't worth your time :)

I realize that after I have the baby I will have a lot less time to blog, but I'm excited to share it all with you.  The good days and bad because we all know there will  be plenty of both.  To be honest, I have no idea what to expect, but I want to make sure I document our adventures!

As nervous as I am about the whole labor and delivery thing, I am beyond excited for these next couple of weeks.  I just love the excitement of not knowing when he will decide to come.  Every day I wake up I wonder if today is the day.  And every night I go to bed I wonder if I'll wake up to my water breaking like I did with Kyla.  Every day is exciting and I love it!

Here are a few pictures I actually did take with Kyla.  We were just being goofy with the camera yesterday :)

This is her new "shy" look.  She puts her hands up on her face and scrunches her nose.

Daddy's coworkers had a little get together for him last night since today is his last day of work there.  Kyla and I had so much fun and thankfully, she was such a great girl!


Kisses for Mama!


She has two of these books and can point to pretty much anything you ask her to find.  Still working on her telling me what each thing is though.  And she loves to count on this page.  She puts her little pointer finger out and I count them.  I love this too.  Seriously, it's the little things in life :)

I was trying to get her to say "fish", but I'm not sure what she's saying here.



She loves to color!


And I finally let her color with markers, which she really enjoyed!  Luckily, they're washable :)

"What Mom, I just wanted to color my hand blue?"

She also enjoys putting the crayons in and out of the bag.  Yes, Mama enjoyed coloring yesterday too :)

A blogger friend posted this quote the other day and I loved it so I wanted to share...


This really hit home with how I've been feeling so guilty not being able to be "Super Mom" during this pregnancy for Kyla.  I have all these things I want to do, but just can't.  But I'm pretty sure she still thinks I'm pretty freaking awesome!  And because she's awesome herself, I just may have spoiled her at Target yesterday.  A few of the things I'm going to save for when the baby is here and she needs something to keep her busy for a little bit.  The rest is just because she's the best and I love to spoil her :)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy these last couple weeks with Kyla before baby brother comes. I'm nervous about labor and delivery too, you would think I wouldn't cause this is my 3rd but I'm still nervous about what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. washable markers - best invention ever!

    ReplyDelete