August 26, 2012

Homecoming

Welcome home Kase Bradley!

It feels so good to be home.  We were welcome with blue balloons on the garage and mailbox!


The rain deflated them a bit
Kase had his circumcision surgery this morning.  I was really nervous about it after hearing exactly what they have to do.  They asked if we wanted to go back with him, but we passed.  Tyler has too weak of a stomach and I knew I couldn't watch him go through that.  I cried when they took him away for it so there's no way I could have seen it done.  I was surprised how quick it was.  I think he was back after 20 minutes.  And the nurse brought him and said we should change his name to Chill because the only time he cried during the whole thing was when they were getting him dressed.  That's my tough little man!

We stayed at the hospital for a couple hours to make sure everything looked good and there wasn't too much bleeding or anything.  I got one last free meal in before we called my mom to bring Kyla over to the hospital.  And at about 1:00 pm, we were on our way home as a family of four!



When we got home I put Kase on the floor and let Kyla check him out.  She sat down there with him for about 10 minutes.  It was adorable.

Not sure at first

Getting closer


I pulled his hat off and she grabbed it and tried putting it back on.  She insisted he wear it.  She still keeps bringing it over to me to put on his head.

Beautiful big sister!

Sharing her milk :)

I didn't get a picture of it, but a couple times she tried to back her butt up and sit in the carseat, on top of Kase.  So I took him out and she plopped right down in it.  She thought that was funny.


I'm hoping Kase will like the swing better than Kyla did.  She was spoiled and was held all the time since I was home and didn't have anything else to do.  Kase won't get to be AS spoiled when it comes to that.  So this swing could be a huge help!  So far he doesn't mind it for a little while.


Kyla decided she didn't need a nap today.  This better change.  And fast!  Daddy took her to get groceries and she was a little stinker.  She's definitely showing some signs of jealousy.  I was changing Kase's diaper and she came up to my legs and was crying for me to pick her up.  Tyler and I are both trying to give her our attention when we don't have the baby.  I'm happy he will be home all week to help out and hopefully get us in some type of routine.  I certainly knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I know we will all adjust after some time.

It was such a good feeling to be able to hug and kiss Kyla tonight and tell her goodnight.  She actually hugged me and didn't let go for awhile.  She's usually too anxious to get to Daddy to read their story.  It was the best part of my day.  And this has been a pretty amazing one!  Now she's in bed and hopefully will sleep well.  Time to give Kase his first bath!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're home and every one is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun seeing you bring home Kase when Kyla is the exact same age Raya was--I have so many of the same pictures! lol. I remember Raya was obsessed with the carseat too, and I took Brielle out when she wasn't looking and then when she noticed the empty carseat she was so mad the baby was gone! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Pictures and dialogue.

    Grandma Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home!! I'm sure the jealousy thing will be temperary. Good luck though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you guys are home! We have to get Leo's circumcision done this week; I'm kind of nervous for it. :(

    Kyla is going to be a great big sister. It is fun to see all these pictures.

    ReplyDelete