August 10, 2012

Friday Confessions

I confess...

...I was exhausted all day yesterday and couldn't keep my eyes open so I went to bed early (early for me lately anyway) around 10:00.  I was still wide awake and uncomfortable at 12:30 so I got up and ate some powdered donuts and drank a glass of milk while watching Snooki & JWoww and Real World.  I finally crawled back in bed around 2:00.

...I let Kyla play in her crib for about 30 minutes this morning while I tried to get every extra minute of sleep I could.

...One of my biggest worries about having this baby boy is getting peed on.  Is there any way to avoid it?

...I have been SO bad lately about our meals.  Nothing sounds good to me and I just don't have any energy to cook.  I'm sorry family, I will do better, I promise!

...I go into Kyla's room every night before I go to bed and watch her sleep.

...Today is pay day for Thirty-One and since I promoted to Director this month, I was pleasantly surprised to see the increase in pay.  Yay!

...I am trying really hard to keep up with the cleaning around here so I don't go into labor and then have to come home to a messy house.  It's crazy how fast it gets destroyed with one little girl!

...As excited I am for Tyler and his new job, I'm a little bummed that it means he'll get home later and family dinner will be moved back to 6:15 or 6:30 instead of our usual 5:30.  We will get used to it though.

...I took Kyla to Shopko yesterday just to get out of the house because I couldn't stay awake and needed the day to go faster.  My excuse was that she needed some new tennis shoes.  Her size 4's are almost too small so I did get her some 5's.

(By the way, Shopko has great deals on school supplies right now.  24 pack of Crayola crayons are only $0.28.  The cheapest I've seen them elsewhere is $0.50.  Even though we didn't need any, I got 4 packs.  I can always use them for stocking stuffers or fun projects like this one that I did with my niece.  Anyway, they have a lot of other awesome deals right now if you need school supplies)

...I am going to be really sad when the Olympics is over.  I'm already sad that gymnastics is done and now volleyball is almost done.  USA women play for the gold tomorrow though so I'm excited for that.

...Sometimes I wish I had a private blog (private as in I didn't share it with people I know).  I feel like I'm honest and straightforward on here, but there are just some things I have to hold back on because of who reads it.

...I really want to go shopping this weekend for some new, cute Fall clothes for Kyla.

...I have a little potty in the bathroom for Kyla, but I'm in no hurry to potty train her.  She's nowhere near ready.  She does like sitting on it (with her pants on) while I go to the bathroom.  I have tried putting her on it before I put her in the bathtub and she freaks out.

...I am also in no hurry to put her in a big girl bed.  She's not showing any signs of climbing out (that I know of) and like I said, potty training is not in the near future.  So I'm not messing with her awesome sleeping habits!

...I am beyond excited for this weekend.  We have no plans, but Tyler always lets me catch up on my sleep, which I definitely need right now.

Sorry about the picture-less post.  But you guys are probably getting used to that.

Come on, don't be shy, share some of your confessions with me...

5 comments:

  1. I forgot today was payday... geez... I think I am losing my mind!

    I am bummed that the olympics is almost over too; what am I going to do??

    And, I have to confess that there have been SO many times that I have gone to my settings and almost switched my blog to private and the only thing that stopped me is that those that I do like reading it may not continue because it won't be as easy to get into. :(

    I am craving powdered donuts now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new position for thirty one that's awesome!!
    I'm lacking on cleaning my house too, but when I do get the house super clean it's just destroyed within minutes from the girls
    I turned 28 weeks today and food lately has not been sounding good at all which makes it hard to plan or want to cook dinner

    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for keeping your little girl in her crib as long as she will allow. My son loved his crib and never tried to get out. The doctor said if he was happy and comfortable in there it was totally fine! We moved him into a big boy bed only when we had to get the nursery ready and needed his crib!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I watched Finn I always had a baby wipe ready to cover him as soon as I removed the diaper! I remember Sawyer peed all over my brother and even shot across the room to their curtains haha...when he was like 4 days old :-P The also make "pee pee tee pees" that are like little fabric "tee pees" you can put over them.

    We don't have a shopko around us...I used to love that store!

    Heads up, Old Navy has 25% off online today only...you could shop for Kyla! :-) Free shipping over $50 too. (and Gap has 30% off now too---since they share a shopping cart and shipping charges)

    I never switch to a private blog for that reason....many people I know have done that and then I stop reading their blogs because I feel weird asking for the password because I never know if I'm one of the people they want reading or not haha. When I used to use livejournal instead of blogger though it was nice because you had the option to make individual posts private or only visible to certain people. So you could post a public entry one day and then the next day make do another post that only certain people could read, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always make sure the boys have plenty of time to pee before I change them after their naps, that seems to be when I get peed on most often! lol

    ReplyDelete