August 28, 2012

Adjusting

We've had a couple of nights at home now and are adjusting nicely.  Of course it is much easier with Tyler home!

I took Kase to his first doctor appointment yesterday.  He was 8 lbs 9 oz when he was born on Friday, 8 lbs 2 oz on Saturday night and was 8 lbs even yesterday at the doctor.  She wasn't too concerned because he was only 3 days old, but I have to take him in on Thursday or Friday to have him weighed again.  He shouldn't lose anymore at this point.  Otherwise he's doing great!

I am breastfeeding and so far it has gone much better than it did with Kyla.  He latched on right away the first day.  The problem is that he only is interested in eating for a few minutes and then is done.  Plus he spits up quite a bit.  So after he burps the first time, I am trying to get him to eat more.  I then change his diaper and try again.  He's been doing better today so far.  I think I'm going to look back and laugh about how he didn't eat much at the beginning because I have a feeling he's going to want to eat all the time soon!

He's in newborn clothing, but we only have two newborn sleepers and I really don't want to buy more so he's been wearing 0-3 month stuff.  They are big on him, but I don't want to spend money on clothes that he'll only wear for a couple weeks.  And he has this awful Bears outfit that his daddy put him in.  We need to get him a Packer outfit asap :)


Kyla is slowly adjusting.  She is definitely jealous though.  She's much fussier and starting to throw little tantrums.  Tyler has been doing a lot with her to keep her busy though.  And I try to play with her as much as I can and last night I gave her a bath and got her ready for bed to get a little extra time in.  Tyler usually does this.  I'm still trying to figure out how I'll make it work next week when he goes back to work.  We really have to keep a close eye on her when Kase is in the swing or on the floor.  One of us is always right next to him when he's on the floor.  But she still almost sat on his head a few times.  Even though she's having a tough time, she can be so sweet with him.  How precious are these pictures?




I'm amazed how much it seems like she's grown up in the last week.  She seems to big.  And heavy!  It's funny to change Kase's little newborn diaper and then change Kyla's size 5 diaper. 

Getting ready to go for a walk with Daddy.  I was asking for a goodbye kiss and she turned around, pointed and said something in jibberish. 

Come and get it if you want one Mama!

This is what happens when I take my eye off the camera to try to make her smile.
Thankfully Kyla is back in a sleep routine (knock on wood)!  She's back to taking good naps and sleeping through the night.  I worried that Kase crying in the night would wake her up but so far so good.  She's been getting up around 8:30.  Hopefully that continues!  Kase was up to eat at 1:00, 4:00 and 7:00 this morning.  I was pretty happy with that considering the night before he was up every hour.  We will probably introduce him to a bottle in the next couple of weeks so Tyler can help with the night time feedings.

So that pretty much sums up our first couple days at home.  I'm off for another feeding and to snuggle with my little man.  Tyler took Kyla to watch Uncle Mark play sand volleyball.  He just texted me and said "This girl is getting a bath tonight!" so I'm thinking she must be having her own fun in the sand. 

Kase's birth story is coming soon.  I keep typing a little bit and then get distracted, but hopefully will finish it soon!

4 comments:

  1. Glad everyone is adjusting! Cute pics :-)

    ...and clearly I've always done something wrong....because my kids never were on that sort of sleep routine that young! Seriously, I was up every hour I think for weeks--ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear everyone is adjusting well.
    He is to cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is coming together! It gets easier I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are absolutely adorable! I am glad you guys are home and doing well. Get lots of rest... when you can.

    ReplyDelete