August 21, 2012

39 Weeks and Life Lately

Sorry I haven't been posting much.  And I've been slacking on reading my favorite blogs so hopefully I'll catch up with all of you soon!  I've been so exhausted and spending as much quality time with Kyla as I can.  We've been enjoying every last minute of being a family of three.  Anyway, here's a little update on what's going on with us:

Pregnancy
Well, I'm still pregnant!  My weeks start on Tuesday's so today is 39 weeks.  I have been having cramping and light contractions here and there.  False labor pains are the worst.  I get my hopes up every time.  I have been taking Kyla on walks more than I could before.  I couldn't do much before because I didn't want to go into labor too early, but now I figure it's ok.  I miss going for nice long walks so much.  I can't wait to be able to take both kids out in the double stroller.

I had my weekly doctor appointment today and am still only dilated 1cm.   The doctor said his head is really low, which I already knew because I feel like when I walk he's going to fall out!  My doctor predicts he will be here this week and said he'd be shocked if I had to come to my appointment next Tuesday.  He is guessing Saturday at 3:00 am because he's on call this weekend.  Based on the pressure I'm feeling, I think it will be any day now.  But we'll see :)

Hopefully my last pregnancy pictures



Kyla
She's doing awesome and makes me laugh every day.  She still has no idea what's about to happen.  She likes to lift up my shirt and talk to my belly, but she doesn't understand that a baby is soon going to be joining us.  I know she will be great with him though.  It will be an adjustment for all of us.  She does not like when Tyler puts his hand on my belly to feel the baby move.  She gets really mad and pulls his hand away.  It's actually kind of funny.  We've been taking her to the park every day (sometimes twice).  She never used to go down the slides, but now she climbs all the way up by herself and slides down on her own.  She loves it!

Tyler
He's been really busy with his new job.  Going in early and staying late.  I am so lucky to have such a hardworking husband that does everything he can to make sure his family has everything they need.  And when he's home with us, he's been busy taking care of Kyla and doing everything around the house.  I don't know what we'd do without him!  He is getting really anxious to meet his son.  He told me the other day though that he now thinks I'm going to go late.  I hope he's wrong about that.

Let's see, what else is going on around here?  My mom has been coming up to help me out around the house and to help with Kyla.  Thanks, Mom!  You're the best!  It makes the days go much faster since they seem to be dragging on these last couple of weeks.

Here are a few random pictures that I have and figured I might as well share...


Sitting so cute watching Mickey :)

She got this adorable shirt from my Aunt Joan.  It says I Love Cookies in French :)


She was playing with my camera while I was changing her diaper.  She figured out how to turn it on AND take pictures.  She actually took this one of herself!
Tyler's mom and brothers came over tonight to see Kyla and we ordered pizza for dinner.  Then we all went to the park after dinner.

Kyla and Uncle Tanner (she was laughing at Grandma instead of looking at the camera)

Grandma Cheryl and Kyla

Quick picture on the way to the park.  Ugh, this would have been a perfect picture if my husband could have smiled like a normal person.  Even Kyla was looking at me and smiling!

Everyone loves the swings!

Sliding with Uncle Tanner!

And Uncle Trevor!


That's all I have for tonight I guess.  Hopefully I won't be posting a 40 week update next week.  But I just want a safe delivery and a happy, healthy baby so if he's not ready yet, Mama will be patient :)

4 comments:

  1. Your getting so close. Sending labor dust your way!
    Kyla's hair is getting so long, she's too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALMOST there----good luck as it will happen anytime!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of that sweet little baby:0

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping to see you have had that little guy soon! I keep popping over thinking you will have announced! Sounds like any day now! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you don't probably feel it, but you look great, Amy! Wishing you the best in the upcoming weeks. (Hopefully sooner weeks than later!) Can't wait to see pics of your guy and find out his name!

    ReplyDelete