August 14, 2012

38 weeks

Don't mind the no makeup look


I'm not doing my usual weekly post because, to be honest, I'm tired of writing those.  Sorry.  Although I'm sure you are tired of reading them too :)

I figured I'd just write a quick post about what's going on (or what's NOT going on I should say).  I had my appointment yesterday and not much has changed.  My cervix is thinned out, but not dilating any more.  The doctor isn't concerned and neither am I.  I was checked at 38 weeks with Kyla and not dilated at all and she was born 4 days later.

As to how I'm feeling...let's just say I'm not the most pleasant person to be around right now.  I'm not overly moody.  I'm just, well, 9 months pregnant!  I'm exhausted, in pain and am not good at pretending everything is all rosy and wonderful.  Sleep sucks.  I am up every hour (if not more) in pain and needing to go to the bathroom.  I am exhausted all day long, but yet for some reason can't fall asleep at night.  My hips and back are throbbing.  My feet are starting to swell up.  At the end of the day, even after not doing much all day, I can barely walk because of the horrible pelvic pain.  Any patience I have left in me is spent on Kyla during the day.  Tyler gets home later from work now so this week is just long and and feels like it's never going to end.

So needless to say, I'm ready for this little guy!  And it's a good thing he is 100% worth all of this pain!  And I know he will come when he's nice and ready.  I am going to enjoy these last few days of kicks and somersaults :)  I can't wait to introduce him to you all and share his name.  I can't believe I've kept it a secret for this long.  It's driving me crazy!  Hopefully my next pregnancy post is a baby announcement :)

6 comments:

  1. You need to have a nice spicy dinner, and then go on a bumpy ride! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your next post is a baby announcement too!! I'm going to be watching fb...I expect timely news! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to find out his name too. I have his quilt all done, except for the tag! (I know I am not supposed to sew, but I will cheat a little so I can finish this and get it to you! shhh, don't tell.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the next announcement is a baby announcement too! I'm almost 29 weeks and I'm so over being prego so I can imagine at 38 weeks that your so ready to be done

    ReplyDelete
  5. you poor mama! I can remember those last few weeks all to well...I had Hudson at 41 weeks and 1 day...8 days late!! ugh...those were some miserable weeks.
    Ill be keeping my fingers crossed that your little guy makes an appearance soon. Im dying to find out what his name is :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear, Amy! I am hoping he arrives in the next few days! You have to let us know right away! :)

    ReplyDelete