August 7, 2012

37 weeks




How far along? 37 weeks 

Total weight gain: Apparently I lost weight from last week because this morning I was up 35 pounds.  Last week I was up 37.  I fluctuate so much though so I'm sure it was just the time of day or something that I weighed myself.

Sleep:  I have been falling asleep faster (it was taking about two hours last week), but I wake up about every hour in pain.  While sleeping on my side, the baby shifts all on that side and puts so much pressure on me.  So I roll over and then wake up because the pain is all on the other side.  I get up to go to the bathroom and am in so much pain that I feel like I'm going to go into labor. 

Best moment this week:  Getting things done around the house (including final touches on the baby's room) and having Tyler home with us.

Miss anything? Everything about not being pregnant, which sounds awful because I'm sure there are things that I'll miss (not many though, haha).  Being able to carry this baby and bring him into this world is so amazing and I love feeling him move around.  But I'm excited to have my body back.

Movement:  Yes and my belly is constantly looking deformed from him rolling around

Food cravings:  Frosted Flakes - I've gone through 3 boxes in the last couple of weeks.  I usually never finish a box of cereal before having to throw it away.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  No 
 
Labor signs:  Nothing significant - see below for details from my appointment this morning.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Much more happy and relaxed this week than past weeks

Looking forward to:  Seeing Kyla with her baby brother :)

 Not much to report from my appointment this morning.  They first told me that the Group B Strep test they did last week was run incorrectly by the lab so I needed to have it done again.  Great!  The doctor checked my cervix and I am only about 1 cm dilated (which I have been for awhile), but it's starting to really thin out.  He said everything is right on track.  He reminded me that second babies usually come fast.  Before I left he said "This is my third warning for you today, second babies come fast so be ready".  Noted!

My next appointment is next Monday so we'll see if there's any progress then.

Baby Brother,

Mommy, Daddy and Big Sister are ready for your arrival whenever you are ready to make your grand entrance into this world.  We can't wait to share your name with everyone, see what you look like, and just hold you and love you.  You are going to be the perfect addition to our family.  Our family of four.  We can't wait!  Love you!

6 comments:

  1. I know you don't feel like it, but you look great! You can see a complete outline of the baby in the second picture! He's definitely head down!!! Hope it all goes well and you make it to the hospital! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, is it bad that I gasped a little seeing that second pic?! haha... you look awesome, but you are all belly and that belly looks heavy! ;-) I'm not even carrying him and I want him out on your behalf lol

    Soooo close---can't wait to see pics of your family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to the doctor, second babies come fast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My second one didn't! Of course Mark weighed 2 lbs more though. Hopefully she doesn't take after me.

      Delete
  4. You are ALL baby belly! Looking good. Keep cookin'... any day now! woohoooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amy can't wait for my healthy grandson to arrive,you have done a great job carrying this baby hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete